Saturday, May 26, 2012

Birthday Wishes Card--April Hip Kit

I made this card with the April Hip 2-b Square kit.
 
It's fun to add the dimensional elements to our cards but sometimes we need the cards to be more on the flat-side so they can be mailed in a regular A2 envelope.

For this card, I cut out one of the Studio Calico journaling cards and matted it on the Crate Paper red print. I tucked a strip of the grey dot paper inside one edge, then zigzag stitched the journaling card side. Next, I placed the combo on the yellow cardstock and added some of the baker's twine. To draw the eye to the sentiment I trimmed the leftover edging from the Crate Paper border sticker.

The sentiment is from SRM Stickers. Love my stash of SRM :)

Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Love how you used the pattern paper and twines AND SRM stickers! It's simply delightful, Melanie! xo

Deana said...

LOVED this card. Thank you, thank you my friend!! Mine is finally going in the mail tomorrow. Been a crazy 2 weeks! Better late than never! ;-) Love ya!