Wednesday, December 15, 2010

November Hip Kit layouts

Here are the layouts I completed with the November Hip Kit.

For this layout I used Pencil Lines sketch #216.

For the tree, I sketched a triangle on the back of the green snowflake paper. After cutting it out I trimmed across it horizontally four times with decorative scissors. The bottom edge of each piece has dimensional adhesive underneath. The trunk is ribbon cut into three small strips.


The add-on kit has Maya Road Mist. LOVE it! It covers so completely. It only took one spray to cover each of these banner chipboard pieces.

This is the first layout I made with the kit. Me and my cutting fetish--I just had to cut along these snowflakes and cut out the typewriter-key letters.


The pics on this layout crack me up. I'd gone into Hip 2-b Square to get some things from Kimberly. She gave Merek a basket of old tags to play with. Next thing we see--Merek and Tucker on the floor, tags everywhere. Merek kept trying to feed Tucker the tags. It was too funny! So, I thought it fitting to do a layout of the visit with my Hip Kit :)

Wow--December is half over! Have you done your Christmas shopping yet? I haven't. We don't even have a tree yet, LOL! Guess I'd better start making a list.

What's on your list this year?

9 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

The young lady is very pretty and I like all the layouts especially snow and buddies.

Lisa in Texas said...

Beautiful layouts Melanie! Basic Grey Jovial in on my wish list along Page Maps 2 and Page Maps calendar! So glad I'm not the only one still getting my Christmas together! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

Melanie said...

Lovely layouts Mel! I really like the Christmas Concert one!

Lilith Eeckels said...

Gorgeous layouts. Love them all.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Gorgeous layouts...you always inspire me with how you stretch a kit.

AmyInKy said...

Love your layouts! The holiday concert one is my favorite. I've been wanting to do something with a big tree on it, but haven't gotten to that yet! Cute story about Merek and the tags. ;)
I cracked up when you confessed to your cutting fetish! :)

Lisa P said...

Love your layouts. I love the scalloped tree. It is the perfect accent for a page I'm doing. I think I'll have to try! I'm not sure what's on my wish list. We're going light this year so I really am not asking for anything big. Maybe just a few cute embellies as a stocking stuffer. My hubby has it easy :)

Deana said...

Beautiful work, Melanie, and such special memories too!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the tree you made!! I might have to lift that if I ever find time to scrapbook! Great pages!