Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sunday School Art

On the 1st and 3rd Sundays of each month, I teach the 3rd-5th grade Sunday School class at St. Michael's Episcopal church. I really enjoy teaching. 1) Whenever I'm preparing a lesson, I learn something new myself. 2) The kids in the class are great and give such amazing answers. And, 3) I get to make projects with them :)

This past Sunday the lesson was on the Transfiguration. We talked about the story of Elijah in 2Kings and how the chariot of fire came to take him. And then we talked about Jesus climbing the mountain with the apostles in Mark, and Moses and Elijah being there, too. We made some art pictures depicting these scenes.
As we enter the season of Lent, I'm looking forward to decluttering my life of unnecessary things and putting a more focused effort. on drawing closer to Christ.

Enjoy your day :)

1 comment:

SusGus said...

These look so fun! For Lent, I'm working on organizing and preparing - making our home more in tune with the Spirit. and through that, drawing closer to Christ too!