Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Scarlet Lime February Frugal FAB

Now if that title isn't a mouthful . . .

Today I have a post up on the Scarlet Lime blog. I'm sharing it here as well :)

I was really excited to see the Pink Paislee Nantucket embellishments in the kit this month. Perfect for scrapping our Hawaii photos! this bling flower caught my attention first and I used it for this adorable picture of my girls, taken the first day we were in Maui.


I added the flower to the yellow pattern paper first and the cut around the bling. This helps the flower pop a little more off the page.
The leaves are just something I hand-cut out of the green pattern paper. Then I folded them and inked the creases to create "veins".

Next, I knew I had to make a baby card with this cute American Crafts fabric trim safety pins! And there pink in the kit . . .

I used Jenni Bowlin dauber paint for the American Crafts "sweet" stamp. LOVE the way it turned out! And the felt embellishment was an easy way to really add some dimension to the card. The black letters were a little too bold for me, so I toned them down with a white gel pen.

The border sticker and "precious baby" are SRM stickers.

Hope these projects inspire you! Have a great day :)

2 comments:

Gisela said...

Layout is beautiful, photo is beautiful and the card is beautiful... what more can I say. I always enjoy looking at your blog.
Gisela

Deana said...

What a beautiful photo & page! Love the leaves in the corner & that flower with all the bling! Cute!