The students in our school district have a mid-winter break each year the week of Presidents' Day. The first couple of years I thought it was quite ridiculous. Especially since Spring Break follows 6 weeks later.
However, last year we went to Disneyland for the break and it was fabulous. This year we (me and 4 of the kids) went to Portland to visit my sister. Child #2, Lina-lou, decided to go solo to grandma and grandpa's house for the week.
We drove down on Monday. It's about a 3-hour drive, but took 4 hours with 3 potty-breaks and typical-Portland-traffic. My niece and nephew did not have school on Monday either, but did the rest of the week. The kids had a grand time playing with Murry the Morkie. Poor Murry. He was chased, carried, and had to deal with way more noise than he is used to. That night Krish and I went to cousin Tanner's basketball game. Lots of fun.
Tuesday the kids and I drove a little further south to Eugene (and they watched Tangled on the way since Flynn's real name is Eugene Fitzherbert). We met up with my dear friend, Kim, who was my maid of honor at my wedding.
It had been two (too) long years since we had seen each other. I got to meet her new baby, Sloan. So cute! We did a little shopping and then went to dinner at Red Robin.
Wednesday Tiffany (my sister) and I went to the mall. We had fun trying on clothes in Nordstrom, bought the kids some See's candies, and then stopped at her local scrapbook store--Life's a Scrapbook. I picked up just a few things (under $20) and Tiffany got a border punch that is on my wish list. There was only one left in the store, so I let her buy it (seeing that if I bought it I would be over my spending limit for the month). :)
Merek came down with a cough and fever on Wednesday so I pretty much just cuddled with him the rest of the afternoon. After dinner, the boys went with Uncle Scott to Tanner's last basketball game. But not before playing a rousing game of Zooreka! The kids loved it.
We drove home Thursday. Thankfully it only took 3.5 hours, with one potty break and one slowed-traffic-because-of-an-accident. It was nice to get back home. Merek was still not feeling well so I held him a lot this afternoon, too. Bird had a violin lesson and Miranda had her first team meeting for softball. Go Diamonds!
Today I get to pick up Lina from my parents. Hoping the mountain pass isn't too bad. Krish has cub scouts. And then tonight is family movie night. Oh, and it's my pick! What should I choose??
Lots of crafty assignments to do over the next several days. It should be fun!
What are your weekend plans? Have a great one :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Hello! Eugene is an hour north of me! We were so close! We don't have Winter Break here, just Spring Break. Have you seen Mr. Poppers Penguins yet? It was really good. We rented it and watched it twice! Have a good weekend!
sounds like an awesome trip.
Ummmm... how CUTE is Sloan's outfit?!!
Post a Comment