A few Saturdays ago I was working at Hip 2-b Square, putting together January kits to ship. The packages for the SR chipboard pieces caught my eye and I asked Kimberly if I could keep some to reuse instead of throwing them away. Wah-lah!! Valentine treat packages!! :)Jana completely enabled me :) on the Noel Mignon Object of My Affection kit. And it just so happened to have some Elle's Studio product in there, which I thought would be fun to use for their blog challenge ;0
For this second one I used the cute FREE download on the Elle's Studio blog and punched out the heart shape. I added some patterned paper and ribbon from my stash to the NG kit stuff.
These treat packages are for my piano students (with a few left over for my kids--they'll be so happy). I have some boy students and thought they may prefer "not pink" valentine packages. So I pulled out some Cosmo Cricket Cogsmo product that had been waiting to be used up and finished off these for the boys. It felt great to:
1. Complete the challenge for Elle's blog;
2. reuse packaging; and
3. use up product that I love (because I LOVE using up product to compensate for buying more) ;o
If you want to do this with some leftover SR packaging you have at home, the measurement for the inside paper is 3-1/16" by 6-7/16". I used my EK Success corner rounder to round the corners--but just put the corner half way in so it's a "little" rounded. :)

6 comments:
Mel, you just amaze me! These are adorable! How do you find the time? You are inpsiring me!
Oh my gosh... so, so CUTE! TFS, Melanie! :-)
Man you're good. Can't wait to get mine!! :)
these are so cute! I love that you recycled the packaging!
You are just too creative!
You've been holding out on me though...I didn't know you bought a NM kit.
those are so awesome!
Post a Comment